Monday, August 27, 2007

Israel... for reals.















(Room 31; Me, Matt, and Theo)

Hello and Shalom,
What can i say? in my first international experience, and i just spent an entire day pinned to my seat as i crossed the atlantic. I have felt nothing like the thickness of the air upon arrival in Tel Aviv, saturated with a richness of humidity, unknown pollen and ancient mysticism. I'm here to search the purpose of God coming to earth. I hope to find more and more evidences of a my living God through Biblical community, Jewish thought and culture, both modern and ancient, and the land He calls Holy. Even as i sit here in front of my compy, i feel pinned to my seat, like a dense, weighty mass firmly holds me here and serves as a directing force as i continue to eat, study, and travel. i cannot help but eagerly anticipate where this pinning brings me next. Anticipation also grows steadily in the group of 38 American students nestled here at in the corner of Judah, Dan, and Benjamin at Moshav Yad HaShmonah. Tonight, sleep and rest like it's the first time. Tomorrow, Jerusalem and Money exchangers for the first time.
Shalom,
~John
(Tomorrow... i'm talking about the food here... get ready by taking some pepto-bismol. j/k lol)

2 comments:

Matt said...

you made it! woot woot. now you're passport will be stamped!
look forward to hearing all about what God will be teaching you there...and about the food.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is a sweet pic of IBEX park. Keep up the bloggin, man!