Monday, April 16, 2007

Concerts, concerts, concerts.

I've been attending shows quite frequently as of late. it's my newest addiction. It's a good thing for it too, because i spent the first two months here at school with less than a dollar in my checking account. (but i payed all my bills and i got to go home for spring break, praise God) In the last 2 weeks, i've seen some of my favorite bands: Switchfoot, Mae, Copeland, and Relient K.

On march 30th, my alibi is the Swithfoot show. As most college kids agree, company at the show is almost if not more important than the show itself, and for this reason this was the most fun i've ever had at a show, ever. did i say ever? cause i meant it. I went with David Zimmer, Stephen Folden and Ryan Patterson. great guys, great show.

last friday, i went to the Relient K show for Jeff Sojka's 16th Birthday with his bro/sis Trevor and Alli, cousin Cameron, and Kyle Ardovanis. During the middle of the set, RelientK chilled out and brought out and had Ethan Luck (guitarist from OC Supertones RIP) play the slide guitar for an acoustic cover of Weezer's "Surf Wax America". That was the highlight of the show.

A passing thought--I got deja vu chills while i was standing outiside the Avalon, right before the concert b/c Kyle Ardo told me it was his first rock show. The reason being that the first conversation i ever had with his dad, Pastor Ardovanis (who is the preacher/teacher at my church, Placerita Baptist Church) which was way back when he was speaking at Camp Gilead during the summer of '05, was about our mutual love for "Sadie Hawkins Dance".

Quote of the Day
"My wife has a open mind and a closed fist." -Alex Granados, Director of Church and Urban Ministries, when asked if he was going to take a date to Spring Party

Valhalla,
~John

No comments: