Thursday, January 29, 2009

Poem

I have been writing poetry and lyrics for about as long as i could write, but only recently has this hobby found proper articulation. Here is one of my first poems. It was a breakthrough in writing with clarity. enjoy.

I Am a City Mouse
I am a city mouse
A delightful gentleman
Aware and self-conscious
Behind Plastic frames

Miniver Cheevy died
I drank wine with his ghost
In life he’d have traded his soul
for a Camelot host

The future in my hands—
Past in his dead grasp
For the chain of moments
I pulled him in laps

“Quit this” he spoke
The present revealed
The path became teeth
As he dug in his heels

The teeth drew blood
The apparition concedes
A bargain of providence
And gives me what I need

The future, my bracelet
The past, my collar
I found the chains locked
Stiff from an unseen controller

“Quit this” I called
My expectations deceived
I followed the chain
To see who I see

A thunderous voice
Pealed back my nerve
I gasped as he said
“My son, you’re absurd”

I bent down quickly
He tugged at my leash,
Pulled me eye level
My fangs to His teeth.

“I AM THE LORD
The present is mine
You will exist
In my framework of time”

No comments: